Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Who We Are
RainBarrel Inc. is a technology company that uses device identifiers and location data to build advertising audiences. We use probabilistic models to aggregate devices based on how they interact with the physical world. RainBarrel’s audiences are shared with a variety of digital ad serving platforms and DSPs for purchase and activation by our customers. Our clients use our services for advertising, marketing and marketing analytics. RainBarrel protects individual privacy by implementing minimum audience sizes. These minimum audience sizes ensure that the audiences are only useful for advertising and marketing purposes.
What We Collect
In order to provide our services to clients we collect data from third-party providers. We only collect data that is necessary to build digital advertising audiences. Data is primarily collected through SDKs and mobile applications.
The information we collect includes:
- Mobile Advertising IDs (MAIDs), specifically: iOS IDFA, Google Android Advertising ID
- IP addresses
- Device type
- Mobile operating system
We also purchase aggregated demographic data from trusted third-party providers which includes summaries at postal code level of:
- Marital Status
- Education Attainment
- Other Census Parameters
And sometimes includes:
- Hashed emails that are not stored in human-readable form, therefore, creating anonymity
How We Use the Information We Collect
RainBarrel aggregates the information we collect from our data providers into audiences based on location and provides access to these audiences to our customers.
We share these audiences with advertising platforms by uploading labelled groups of Mobile Advertising IDS (MAIDS) or hashed email addresses to the advertising platforms or DSP’s. The audiences are always of a minimum size great enough to preserve anonymity and limit the utility to only advertising and marketing use cases. The lists of MAIDS or hashed email addresses are never shared directly to customers, and can be withdrawn from the platforms by RainBarrel if required.
Customers use the audiences by selecting the audience label in the advertising platform or DSP and purchasing media targeted at the selected audience(s) by the advertising platform or DSP. The customer does not gain direct access to the MAIDS or hashed email addresses.
We Do Not Collect
- Clear-text Email Addresses
- Clear-text Phone Numbers
- Physical Addresses
Countries Data is Collected From
RainBarrel currently collects third-party data from the following countries. We do not process data from the European Union at this time.
RainBarrel does not share any raw data with our clients. All data has been aggregated for the purpose of digital advertising. We store our data with Snowflake and Amazon Web Services to utilize industry leading security features.
RainBarrel only uses data for our services that has been consented to by the user. Consent is collected through mobile applications and operating systems. Consent provided to these applications and operating systems can be withdrawn anytime through your devices' privacy settings.
Users have consented to the collection of the information we use, but users can opt out of the use of their data by RainBarrel and our clients at any time. To opt out directly with RainBarrel you can submit your MAID here to remove your device from our database and audiences. You can also submit your email address here to opt out of our hashed email database and audiences. Please note it may take up to 1 week for your request to take effect.
RainBarrel only collects and stores data required to perform our services. RainBarrel does not collect clear-text personal identifiable information like name, email address or phone number for advertising purposes. RainBarrel only retains data for as long as it is required for its services. Data is only kept for a maximum period of 18 months.
RainBarrel Website Data
In addition to data collected for the services we provide, we may also collect data provided by a visitor to rbarrel.com or from a visitor when they visit rbarrel.com. We do not use this information in our audience products, it is collected for customer service purposes.
- Company Email
- Phone Number
- Profile Picture
- Other information directly submitted in user forms such as interest in RainBarrel products or the nature of inquiries to RainBarrel
In addition, when you visit our website, RainBarrel or third-party platforms we work with may automatically collect other information from your desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other consumer electronic device that you use to access the website. This information may include pseudonymized information, such as a unique browser identifier, technical information about your device (such as the device type, operating system, settings and system configurations, IP address, other unique device identifiers, and mobile network information) and your activity on our website, as well as data about the webpages you access, traffic to and from these websites, the dates and times associated with transactions, and web log data. We refer to this as “Site Data.”
We use this Site Data for our commercial purposes, such as marketing, analytics, research, and improving our websites and services. This Site Data may be correlated with more personal information such as name or email address submitted by the user.
Our Use of Web Beacons: Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on the RainBarrel website or in emails we send to you. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and effectiveness of offers, and tell whether you open an email and act upon it.
Our services are not intended to collect Information from children under the age of 16. If you believe we have collected Information from a person under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Change of Control
If we undergo a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of our business, information we have collected or otherwise acquired may be one of the assets transferred. In the event of a change of control of the organization, any information we collect may be shared in preparation for such a change of control (for example in due diligence evaluation).
California Privacy (CCPA/CPRA) Notice
Your personal data may be incorporated into the audience products sold to our customers and activated on digital advertising platforms.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights under the CCP/CPRA:
- The right to request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the information.
- The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you. Please note that we may not be able to comply with your request if retaining the information is necessary for us to: (i) complete a transaction for you; (ii) provide a good or service requested by you; (iii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or (iv) comply with a legal obligation.
- The right to opt-out of the use of your personal information. You may exercise this right by clicking on the "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link on our homepage.
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above. This means that we will not deny you goods or services or charge you a different price or rate for goods or services because you exercised your CCPA/CPRA rights.
Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (CDPA) Notice
We have implemented reasonable technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.We will only collect, use, and disclose personal data for a legitimate business purpose or as required by law.
If you are a Virginia resident, you have the following rights under the CDPA:
- The right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal data that we have collected about you.
- The right to request that we delete the personal data that we have collected about you.
- The right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal data that we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal data was sold.
To exercise any of these rights as a California or Virginia resident, please contact us using the contact information provided below. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will respond to your request within 45 days.
#2000 10130 103 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 3N9